ATL, BTL and TTL activities in Marketing
Two of the most encouraging ways through which marketers conduct promotional activities including ATL, BTL and TTL activities in Marketing. Marketers either advertise the product for the market as a whole or sometimes they target a particular segment of people. These kinds of marketing are broadly divided into two distinct categories including Above the Line (ATL) and Below the Line (BTL) activities.
With changing customers’ preferences, it becomes important to consider the best marketing ways. Through the Line TTL marketing activities help, businesses can consider a systematic approach to market their offerings to both masses and to the targeted audiences simultaneously.
Today tells talk about detailed difference between ATL and BTL activities in Marketing that help marketers make an accurate decisions
Above the Line or ATL Marketing
ATL strategies are more focused on directing the communication towards the mass market. All promotional messages are untargeted and it is designed for the whole audience as a whole, without any specific target group. The main purpose of using this kind of marketing is to educate customers about the availability of the product and through this kind of marketing, marketers try to motivate more customers to their stores make the purchases. These marketing tricks are followed when companies plan to target more audiences and create brand visibility.
Modes of ATL Marketing
- Television: Advertising campaigns are included to directly target the audience at a regional or national level.
- Print media: Different ad campaigns posted in leading newspapers, online articles, advertisements, are meant to target people as a whole.
- Radio: Radio ads are also for the entire society, rather than targeting a particular group of people.
ATL Marketing is an ideal way to promote your brand, but honestly measuring the exact impact and ROI is quite challenging. This kind of advertising is considered when the purpose is not to get any conversion rate but to improve your brand’s visibility.
Below the Line (BTL) advertising
BTL Marketing is more focused since it is directed towards a targeted group of customers. These kinds of activities are highly targeted, and advertisement campaigns are specially designed keeping demographic and psychographic characteristics of the targeted audience in mind. This mode of communication is more personalized and marketers want to present their message to a limited set of audiences rather than targeting society as a whole.
One of the advantages of BTL marketing is that it helps get better ROI since the ad campaigns can be tailored considering the targeted consumers.
Ways of BTL Marketing
- Outdoor advertisements: They target a specific set of people by making brands visible through Billboards, fliers, banners, sandwich boards, and so on
- Direct marketing: It include sending SMS, emails, social media posts, pamphlets, directly to targeted customers
- Sponsorship: Events, competition
- Public Relations: Arranging Press conferences, etc.
- In-store promotion: Visual merchandising, retailer pop-ups, sampling, sales promotions
BTL marketing is much focused on targeting specific ads to a limited range of people, ensuring more visibility among a particular set of audiences.
Through the Line (TTL) advertising
TTL marketing is a combination of both ATL and BTL in marketing techniques. The purpose of this kind of marketing is to get a holistic view of the market and effectively communicate with customers. Many marketers these days consider using a combination of both ATL and BTL activities in marketing to make their brand more visible.
But en of the challenges linked to TTL marketing is that it includes higher costs as designing various promotional campaigns takes effort and amount.
Implementing TTL activities:
- 360-degree marketing: Some of the examples of using both ATL and BTL activities ways together include, a television ad supplemented with free products attached to newspapers.
- Digital marketing: Include SEO, Facebook marketing, social media posts, etc.
These kinds of marketing have their benefits and limitations and are better suited for different companies. There is no hard and fast rule when it’s about using one fit size approach that goes well with all kinds of businesses. ATL Marketing might work for some brands, while others prefer BTL Marketing to improve their business. To get a custom-fit advertising agency, it’s better to get in touch with the experts who can design the best marketing solution considering your audience, budget, etc.
If you need any kind of assistance regarding choosing or designing the best advertising solution, you can get in touch with the experts at Trendzup Media to know the kind of marketing that suits your business.